Group Study Rooms
Law Library Quiet Study Spots
Microforms Room - 1st floor
This room is self-contained and extremely quiet. There are large tables where you can spread out your materials.
Rare Book Room - 2nd floor
Located on the 2nd floor, this room is open for student use. Due to the nature of the materials, we do not allow food or drinks in the Rare Book Room. Please note that the room temperature is deliberately set to be colder to help conserve the fragile documents. Wear a sweater!
Quiet Study Area - 4th floor
The area designated for quiet study on the 4th floor is designed for students who preder to study with a minimum of distractions.
Locating prior years' exams in Law Library
The BC Law Library maintains a collection of past exams. You can access the exams by clicking here; you will be prompted to log in with your BC credentials. Note that not all law professors make their past exams available.
In addition, there is a print collection of past exams available in the Library's Reference Area at call number KF 292 .B68 A23.
Some faculty members prefer not to deposit exams in the Law LIbrary for pemanent retention. Instead, they will deposit a print copy of a sample exam for a limited time. These print copies are held in the Course Reserves section at the Information Desk and the desk staff members will assist you in retrieving the exams.
Law Library Comfort Aids
The Law Library staff members know that studying for exams is a stressful experience. We have some special items available to make your exam period more pleasant:
1) Ear plugs - Stop by the Information Desk to pick up a free pair of earplugs.
2) Book stands - Stop straining your neck by hunching over a casebook or text. A book stand will ease your neck and shoulder strain. Check out a stand at Information Desk.
3) Seat cushions - We've heard you - those wooden chairs need some cushioning after a few hours. Stop by the Information Desk and check out a soft red cushion for your chair. Also, there are soft armchairs and couches available in the Law Library.
4) Headphones - Prefer to block out any surrounding noises using headphones? Check out a set of headphones at the Information Desk.
5) Laptop Chargers - Forgot your power cord? We have a selection of power cords available for check out at the Information Desk.
6) Mobile device charging station - You're busy thinking about exams and left your iPhone charger at home? There is a mobile device charging station outside the Student Computing Help Center.
Extended Law Library Hours During Exam Period
Other sources for sample exams
Don't forget to check your course website, too, for prior exams:
- Some faculty members may post a prior exam or individual sample questions on the course website. You won't discover this source by searching in the Law Library or using the Holmes catalog since only enrolled students may access the course website.